Will you change common video to 3D video?

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by Andre Manuvalibr, Apr 22, 2011.

?

Are you interested in changing 2D video to 3D?

1. Yes, I'm expecting it.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. I'd like to have a try.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Andre Manuvalibr

Andre Manuvalibr New Member

Well, I'm not sure if it is possible, since even if one has got a 3D device (3D TV, PC or glasses, etc.), he can't get the real 3D effects without 3D film resources.
    But, if it can be true, do you have the interest? :)

Andre Manuvalibr, Apr 22, 2011
  2. Andre Manuvalibr

Gleneagles Member

Andre, I'm sorry that I have not replied to our earlier correspondence, but I've been very busy lately. My answer to your question is YES -- I do believe there is a market for conversion of home video. And I do believe that the technology can do it.
    The question now is how to promote it and make it economical for many customers to take advantage of this opportunity. We are still very early in the process of public acceptance for 3-D. If you can survive a few years until the momentum builds, you might become one of the pioneers in a new industry!

Gleneagles, May 10, 2011
  3. Andre Manuvalibr

5Deck.com Member

Hm, I think there's definitely a market for it. Still, even the best 2D to 3D conversions still aren't as good as originally captured 3D so any home video conversions would probably look average at best. As the conversion technology gets better, more automated, and cheaper, I can see this being a good idea for a business. Right now the cost of a good conversion (note, really basic ones can be done with downloadable software) might be too high for an average home video. We'll have to wait and see. Hopefully if I'm ever caught in a video and it's converted to 3D, the technology won't make me look too fat (e.g. by 'assuming' I'm a sphere, lol)! ^_^

5Deck.com, May 24, 2011
Ask a Question