Where to Purchase Magenta-cyan Anaglyph Glasses In Australia?

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by lf94, May 29, 2015.

1. lf94

lf94 New Member

Hey there!

After having purchased a couple different pair of red-cyan glasses, I wanted to give the others a try. After some research it appears magenta-cyan is an experimental combination that allows for better color reproduction[1].

So I'm from Canada, but currently I'm in Australia. How do I get a hold of these? There is nothing on Ebay. It seems anaglyph technology is pretty scarce in this part of the world...And anything that may look like what I'm looking for ends up being a rip-off. I'm willing to pay up to $15 for a pair of these. Any higher is just ridiculous for plastic and acrylic...

Thank you!

lf

1: http://www.divideconcept.net/papers/MCA-RL09.pdf

lf94, May 29, 2015
  2. lf94

alexi_drago Active Member

I have various anaglyph movies that use different colour combinations, they're not interchangeable so the filtering on media you're watching and the glasses have to match. Each combination has it's own issues with different colour combinations in the image but I feel that while red/cyan isn't the best for colours, it does seem to give the best 3D effect.
    All the glasses I have are red/cyan, magenta/green and blue/amber(colorcode). All cardboard.
    Maybe you could look for some cheap 3D anaglyph movies to get the cardboard glasses that come with them.

alexi_drago, Aug 19, 2015
Ask a Question