Where is everyone? This forum should be more active..

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by coach, Apr 6, 2011.

1. coach

coach Member

The fact that we don't have that many people here, actively posting makes me worried about the future of 3D..

I've posted several times, and asked a bunch of questions only to not get any replies or input.. does this mean that 3D is on its way out???

coach, Apr 6, 2011
  2. coach

5Deck.com Member

I don't think that's necessarily true. I've noticed that there aren't many forums or posts for certain topics that are actually popular, and yet seemingly random topics thrive. If you look through Big-Boards.com, you'll see that the top boards range from paintball to a specific video game. Even under their technology category, they only have 6 categories, and they don't even have one for (non-3D television). It seems that modern forums are like cliques, lots of big groups with common interests, but then no groups for those who have other interest.

As for 3D TV, It may be because the people who watch it don't necessarily want to talk or read about it, they just want to watch it. I personally think there will be a big jump in interest as no glasses 3D technology becomes available commercially. More importantly, even if people aren't satisfied with the current technology, it has renewed peoples interest in the pursuit of 3D. I actually wrote my book about a 3D technology I came up with because of the recent interest. I was actually planning on sitting on the ideas for a while until I had more time to flesh them out. But the sudden interest in 3D drove me to put it all together.

~Change is Silver
    Author of "How to Make a Holodeck" (5Deck.com) and Creator of Unili arT (UniliarT.com)

5Deck.com, Apr 7, 2011
  3. coach

coach Member

Thanks for the reply, 5Deck.. good luck on your book!!!

I'm all on the bandwagon as I am ordering my Plasma 3D television today!!!

coach, Apr 7, 2011
  4. coach

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Most people with 3D TV's so far are only interested in watching content, rather than perhaps exploring some of the other possibilities... so it could just be that it's slow to get stereo discussion forums started.

Good to hear you've 3D TV is ordered, I look forward to hearing more about it when it arrives :D

Ian, Apr 9, 2011
  5. coach

coach Member

Hoping to get it up and running by this weekend Ian!!!

coach, Apr 11, 2011
Ask a Question