What is the best 3D TV on the market at the moment?

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by AVlution, Mar 9, 2011.

1. AVlution

AVlution New Member

What is the best 3D TV on the market at the moment?

AVlution, Mar 9, 2011
  2. AVlution

insman1132 Member

Wow! There are an awful lot of variables to be considered in your question. What size screen? Front Projection to be considered? For what sized room?

Not to mention, price range, or is unlimited pricing not an issue? etc.

You may want to be a little more specific.

insman1132, Apr 1, 2011
  3. AVlution

Decimus New Member

Sony HX800

I have this set. And it seems to be dollar for dollar the best set you can get.

But it's not without problems (ie ghosting). It's a superb set.

Decimus, Apr 3, 2011
  4. AVlution

Hillcraft Member

Sony hx800

I also have an HX800. Nice pic in 2D and 3D. My big problem with it is not being able to display 3D files downloaded from the internet. Sony haven't been able to help.
    Blue Ray is fine, but there's lots of free/low cost 3D videos available for downloading.

Hillcraft, Apr 4, 2011
  5. AVlution

Zigger21 Member

Im sorry to say because I do not like this brand but Vizio has a TV that you can use the 3D glasses from the theaters. It doesnt require rechargeable glasses or a 3D emitter. Im not sure how the picture looks. My WD-73840, 2011 Mitsubishi that has a built in emitter but it still requires rechargeble glasses but the picture is unreal, the 1080P from my PS3 is outstanding. I have two 65" TV's one is a Sony and the other is a 2008 Mitsubishi Model and sitting up close to the 73" is still crisp and clear. Its unreal. I also have a 58" plasma Samsung 2009 and the Mitsu beats that Hands down. I havent seen a picture so bright and Vibrant on a large TV ever in my Life. I have yet to try the 3d but Im ordering glasses soon. If you dont want to hassle with rechargeable glasses the Vizio is the way to go but its not a brand I would ever go with. REchargeable glasses I would go with the Mitsu WD73840 because I have never seen a picture this good, like I said I have 65" Sony LED (ranked 4th), 65" Mitubishi LaserVue (Ranked 3rd), Samsung 58" Plasma (2nd) my 73 inch Mitsubishi is hands down the winner in my house. I also have a 32" LCD Emerson and a 32" LCD Sony and those pictures are nice but it still doesnt compare to my 73" Mitsu. Do all the research you can because buying the right TV is a big investment ecspecially in this day and age. I hope this helps. Take Care

Zigger21, Oct 1, 2011
  6. AVlution

ps2fatboy Member

lg hd 55 inch 3d tv i love mine

ps2fatboy, Jan 5, 2012
  7. AVlution

wardhealer New Member

I have a Mitsubishi 60738. I looked at quite a few before settling on the MITS DLP. Two factors were the deciding ones. I preferred the matte screen over the reflective surfaces on the LCD and Plasma sets. It looks more like a film movie on a theater screen and less like live video. Second is the ability to replace the projection lamp and therefore extending the life of the set as opposed to Plasma or LCD irreversible degraded color after a long period of use. Since my set is on almost continuously, I conjectured that a DLP set would last much longer.
    I've had my set for 2 years now and even compared to the newest Plasma and LCD models, I still prefer the picture quality of my MITS. A couple of notes of caution, however. I'm told that the 73" and 82" DLP models (MItsubishi no longer sells 60" or 65" sets) use basically the same lamp as the previous smaller screen models resulting in a slightly dimmer maximum brightness.Also, with DLP sets the vertical and horizontal fall off is a little bit greater than on Plasma and LCD. That really wasn't a factor for me due to the layout of my viewing room.
    I admit that I only had the opportunity to compare the 3D displays on a couple of other sets because the stores I shopped rarely had 3D content or 3D glasses available to demo. Since the matte vs reflective screens would still be a factor, I would guess I would still have picked DLP. My MITS has run almost continuously, 24/7, for two years without a glitch.

I almost forgot. You get less motion blur on a DLP. Great for football games and anything with fast moving action scenes.

wardhealer, Apr 2, 2012
  8. AVlution

Nickkite New Member

I have just got a Samsung 40D6500 LED 3D Smart TV and it's brilliant, the picture quality is first class and I have had no problems with files not working, just copy to a USB Stick or HDD and it all works fine. I use Fuze to view films and play music.

Nickkite, Apr 5, 2012
  9. AVlution

lee roberts New Member

I have just got the LG LM 7600 and I think this is one of the best TV'S about at the moment the features that come with the TV are amazing, the dual play is one of them, it allows you and a friend to both play a game and have a full screen at the same time without the other player getting in the way or you seeing the other player this means no more split screen. Another good thing about this TV when you come to watching a film you can use the glasses that you get from the cinema and the LG TV'S are the only make for you to beable to use them. before i bough my TV I came across this website and was really helpful for me check it out. whichtelevision.net Its also one of the cheaper 3D TV'S about on the market.

lee roberts, Jul 18, 2012
  10. AVlution

Zigger21 Member

I guess I have to recant my first email, I bought the ultimate 3D screen that I never though I would ever see in my house. I bought a WD92840 Mitsubishi 92" TV and it reuired the same 3D glasses as I used on my 73 ich 3D TV and this screen immersives you into the movie and ecspecially takes you away in in a PS3 3D game. Im am in the middle of Ghost Recon Universal Soildeir and it is unreal, I cant say I have ever seen anything like this before.. I would recommend the 92" any day of the week, Movies are superb and vivid and the PS3 games are unreivalled. This is unreal. Im thinking of geting another one for my game room, I have the 1st one in my movie room which is great for movies but I would like one soely for gaming. Trust me I have been playing since the Atari 2600 and when the Atari 5200 game out and the numbers pad really looked amazing for calling Footbal plays and that's it. The pad was quite useless, Then I moved on to the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo, and spent way to much on the NEO GEO because these were nothing even near worth the money. The I went to the PS1, Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, and Game Cube. PS2, The the Xbox with the massive controllers. I felt like a terd waiting for 12 hours outside Best Buy to get the Xbox and when I popped in Halo it was well worth it. Then went to the Xbox 360 and the PS3. The kids got the Nintendo Wii in there play room. I have 4 Xbox's. An Xbox elite and a PS3 Slim in my sons room, We have an Xbox Slim in the living room with the Kinect, for my wife and daughter to exercise with. I have an Xbox Pro 60 in the family room and the Slim Kinect in the movie room until I get another of the 92" for my gaming room. So I have been a14 year cage fighter and a gamer for 34 years and dont see myself stopping anytime soon, I love video games no matter the make or the Model, I used to be a diehard Xbox 360 Fan until 3d games came out and now I am a main PS3 fanatic because 3d takes it to another level. the level I love riding.. Sorry for writing so much. Take Care gamers and keep gaming no matter what anyone thinks, Keep the gaming so games can keep evolving until we have a canister that we go into and you can be you and everything around you seems like real life and you make choices which we want to do day by day. Aquiring a gun and play a spy to keep the US safe. You can see people you know by just uploading their specific attributes and they can help or hurt you it all depends on the game setting. That would be the $hit. Take Care Gamers

Zigger21, Jul 18, 2012
  11. AVlution

Phantom23 Member

Had been thinking of buying one since quite some time and eventually zeroed in on the Panasonic brand but it was a close call between the Panasonic TC-P65ST60 and the Panasonic Viera TC-P60ZT60. Finally we settled for the former and are very happy and satisfied with it. Great shadow detail, high brightness, excellent color and perfect value for money. Just one downside - the remote isn't backlit. But all in all, a good product.

Phantom23, Nov 24, 2014
    Ian likes this.
  12. AVlution

3dbeginner New Member

Samsung KS9500 is the best one now.

As well as delivering some of the sharpest 4K pictures yet, the KS9500s also go further than any other TVs to maximise the impact of HDR

3dbeginner, Apr 10, 2017
  13. AVlution

Andrew New Member

Im new to this site, and th is is my first post, but last night i bought an LG 55 inch UKD 4k smart 3D tv. I love it. For a few years I have been using a 24 inch Sony 3D tv (which is meant to be used with PS3)

I have a ton of 3D movies so im happy I finally made the purchase. I watched Suicide Squad last night and loved it. I remember seeing it in theaters and i loved how it looked in 3D, It looked great on my new tv . I have so many more i want to watch on it now.

Andrew, Aug 2, 2017
Ask a Question