What equipment?sky and cinema

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by jackbrack, Apr 4, 2010.

  1. jackbrack

    jackbrack New Member

    Apr 4, 2010
    Likes Received:
    What equipment do they use for sky 3d(in the pubs) and in the pictures?And why do they get away with useing the (3d sun glasses type) that cost about £2 and we will have to pay up to £120 a pair?
    jackbrack, Apr 4, 2010
  2. jackbrack

    Ian Administrator Staff Member

    Jul 31, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Welcome to the forums, Jack :)

    They use polarising glasses and special projectors in the Sky 3D pubs, as far as I know. These "passive" glasses are cheap to produce and are the same type you get in IMAX cinemas.

    At home, the overall display hardware is cheaper when you use "active" glasses (although the glasses are more expensive). These are usually LCD shutter glasses that alternate the left/right images being displayed by blanking out one eye at a time, corresponding to the frame shown on TV.
    Ian, Apr 6, 2010
Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.