Viewing custom 3D video on Samsung 3DTV

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by Antonio, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Antonio

Antonio Member

Good morning.

I'm able to generate 3D content from a conventional 2D video in a high automatic way with a good quality depthmap. So far I've been watching the results with anaglyph glasses (the cheapest way), and generating a side by side video and then, with a Zalman monitor and selecting appropiate switches, watching it with polarizated glasses. What I now need to do is doing the same on a Samsung 3DTV. I was told that playing a 3D movie from my laptop (i5, gt330m) it's possible enabling de pip (¿?) mode. What I want to show is realtime generated side by side format. Is this possible?

Thank in advance!

Antonio, Jun 21, 2010
  2. Antonio

Antonio Member

Antonio, Jun 21, 2010
  3. Antonio

Ian Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure how to do it realtime, however the video player that comes with the 3D Vision kit is supposed to be able to do Side by Side video.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_3D_VisionKit_us.html (under specificiations tab):
    • Monoscopic
    • Interlaced (Field-Sequential)
    • Side by Side
    • Over/Under
    • Multi-View (Tiled)
    • Sensio
    • SIS Attachment
    Hopefully someone else will know how to get realtime formats displayed on this TV.

Ian, Jun 22, 2010
Ask a Question