very, VERY slight intemittent video "blip" while watching 3D Blu ray

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by thegalaxybeing, Dec 24, 2012.

1. thegalaxybeing

thegalaxybeing New Member

I've been watching 3D television for about a year now. I have an LG 47" 3D (passive).

First off I love the set, the 3D looks truly awesome, and despite the fact that passive should be lower resolution, it looks absolutely high def in every way. It's completely comfortable to watch, ghosting is pretty much non-existant The only way I can see ghosting is to view from a high or low angle. Viewing from a left or right angle makes no discernible difference.

Every now and then, while watching a 3D Blue Ray, I'll see a quick indiscernible ghost like image. it's VERY fast like the blink of an eye. It also kinda seems like I might only be seeing it with the left eye but it's so fast, I can't be sure. Because of it's rarity (might happen once or twice during an entre movie), and it's VERY short duration (might even be only a single frame) I'm really not too concerned as much as curious. I noticed it about the first day or two I had the set and It hasn't gotten any worse. It's almost as if something is correcting itself every so often. If I were using "Active" 3D I'd probably have thought it was re-syncing or something. I haven't really been trying to analyze exactly how often this occurs or if my settings make a difference, It does seem that It's happened on both 60hz and 24hz settings. Mainly just wondering if anyone else experienced this and if anyone knows what it's cause is.

I have a Panasonic Blue ray DMP-BDT220, a Yamaha RX-V671 receiver and an LG 3D TV LG LM7600. all were hooked up new on the same day and I haven't used any of these one with any other main components. Only things like headphones, I-pod, Wii and turntable (With pre-amp). Again I'm actually Very pleased with my TV, Receiver & Blu-ray. I feel like I've actually attained my AV goal and really feel no need to upgrade any further as long as my present gear works.

Does this issue sound familiar to anyone?

thegalaxybeing, Dec 24, 2012
Ask a Question