Using RF emitter/glasses with Mitsubishi 73C9

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by kspoker, Dec 10, 2011.

1. kspoker

kspoker New Member

Does anyone know if this is possible? I have a bunch of LG AGS-250 glasses that I use with my LG 3D TV upstairs. I'm trying to figure out if there is some way I can use the same glasses with my Mitsubishi 73C9 TV downstairs. I know I need to buy the Mitsubishi 3D adapter to convert the frame-packed signal to checkerboard that the TV expects. In addition to that I know I can get an IR emitter and IR glasses to use with the TV, but I'm trying to see if I can somehow use my LG glasses. I know these glasses communicate with the LG TV via RF, so I assume I would need an RF emitter to plug in to my Mitsubishi TV.

I found an Optoma RF emitter (BG-BC100) online, but no indication whether or not it would work with the Mitsubishi TV or the glasses. I can't imagine it would be very difficult for someone to build a VESA compliant RF emitter that is compatible with the LG glasses, but I can't seem to find any.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

kspoker, Dec 10, 2011
Ask a Question