Stereoscopic 3D animated music video: "Everything That Grownups Know"

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by simplecarnival, Feb 14, 2012.

1. simplecarnival

simplecarnival Member

Quick bit of background: I'm a singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist who has jumped head first into 3D stereoscopic animation. As in, hand-drawn limited 2D animation, but assisted with a computer and rendered in stereoscopic 3D. (Think Yellow Submarine being viewed through a ViewMaster, and you're halfway there.)

Instead of releasing my next album as a CD, I decided to take on the challenge of making a stereoscopic animated video for every track on the album. I plan to release a 3D blu-ray instead of a CD when the project is complete.

The latest video I finished is here:

You will need red/cyan glasses to properly view the 3D effect, but you can turn it off by clicking on the 3D button on the YouTube player and choosing "Turn off 3D" from the popup menu.

I'd appreciate any comments/critiques you have. Although I probably won't be changing much on this particular video (I spent the last five months on it), your critiques may help with the remaining videos.

Thanks!

simplecarnival, Feb 14, 2012
Ask a Question