SONY 3D 60 inches side by side picture

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by ramymounir, Oct 8, 2010.

1. ramymounir

ramymounir New Member

hi,

i bought the Sony new 3d TV, i dont yet have any original blu ray 3d disc, but i managed to download some of 3d files to test the 3d feature. when i play the 3d files the picture is split identically into 2 halves, i know when i turn the 3D on the 2 halves should overlap identically forming the 3d video but this is not the case. in the middle of the screen the video is doubled as if the 2 halves just overlaped at the left and right parts of the screen and not in the center. of course when i look with the glasses the picture is doubled and not watchable.

like this : [][] 2D when 3D it should be [] but in my case it is [[]]

i went to samsung store and i got a 3d file that they use as a demo for selling the tv, i tried it there its an MKV file it was working ok. since sony doesnt support MKV format i converted the file to mp4 and i tried watching it but it did the same thing.

what am i doing wrong? or is the tv malfunctioning?

ramymounir, Oct 8, 2010
  2. ramymounir

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

What model TV do you have? I'll have a look and see if I can dig up any more information on it.

Is the mp4 file the only 3D content you have tried to play?

Ian, Oct 12, 2010
  3. ramymounir

ike009 New Member

Same happens here with a Sony 60LX905 and Xbox360 with COD Black Ops.

ike009, Nov 9, 2010
  4. ramymounir

stoeffpoeff New Member

Hi there,

i've the same problem on my Panasonic TXP50vt20e.. I've tried some other forums but still have no usefull comments.. Do you? This is my post:

Panasonic TXP50VT20e 3D issue
    I have an Panasonic TXP50VT20e in combination with an laptop which has an Nvidia Geforce 330M videocard. But when I watch 3D movies on my panna, that's wired up with my computer by hdmi, I get an double image whith my 3d glasses on, I see the object in yellow at the left and right side of the object. [​IMG] [​IMG]It look likes all the movies has given too much depht. Some people talk about "ghosting" or "crosstalk". I'd tried other settings and hard-reset, nothing helps. Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance!

stoeffpoeff, Dec 21, 2010
  5. ramymounir

podgypig Active Member

this is straightforward... you have a BD in side-by-side format. press "3d mode" or similar on your remote and change to this mode. most official blu-rays in 3d work in frame packing and your tv should automatically detect this. otherwise go through the tv menu to find the relevent 3d mode to suit.

podgypig, Feb 6, 2011
  6. ramymounir

podgypig Active Member

oh and ensure you have the lastest firmware for your 3d tv!

podgypig, Feb 6, 2011
Ask a Question