Seeking Sources for 3D STL Files of Automotive Parts from Various Manufacturers

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by asaab76, Apr 14, 2024.

1. asaab76

asaab76 New Member

Hello everyone,

I’m reaching out to this knowledgeable community for some guidance and resources. I'm looking to find and download 3D STL files for automotive parts across a range of vehicle manufacturers. My goal is to explore the possibilities of 3D printing for automotive parts, which could be incredibly beneficial for custom projects and restoration work.

Could anyone recommend where to find these files? Specifically, I'm interested in databases or repositories that offer CAD files that are compatible with common 3D printing technologies. Additionally, any tips on dealing with proprietary concerns or licensing issues when it comes to printing parts for personal or commercial use would be immensely helpful.

Also, if there are particular websites, forums, or online communities that specialize in automotive 3D printing, please share those resources. I’m particularly interested in both open-source options and commercial platforms where these files might be available.

Thank you for any help or direction you can provide!

Best regards,

Ali

asaab76, Apr 14, 2024
Ask a Question