Samsung UE40H6400 content issue

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by nasid, Apr 8, 2015.

1. nasid

nasid New Member

Hello everyone. I just bought a new samsung smart led 3d(UE40H6400) tv. Its my first 3d tv and performance wise, for the price it seems to me like a very good deal. I dont know what the experts would say about this tv though.
    Now the thing is when I went to the samsung showroom to buy the tv they showed me the same tv on display and they played a 3d demo video for me. That video was played from a blue ray player and it was very lively and a really great 3d experience for me. I dont have a blue ray player so I download movies from torrent sites and play them on my tv using a corsair pen drive. The content that I download are usually movies of around 2-2.5 gb size. The 3d experience is great but nowhere near the demo they showed me at the showroom. I have seen that there are movies available for download which are of 25-40 or even 50gb but thoes files dont have enough seeds for me to download in a short time. What I want to know is whats the problem? Will the large files be better than the usual yfi torrents I download or is there anything wrong with the tv or the glasses I got?
    Thanks in advance for your help :)

nasid, Apr 8, 2015
  2. nasid

alexi_drago Active Member

As I'm building my 3D bluray collection I've downloaded a few torrents to see if a movie's worth getting, most of them are around the 1.8Gb mark. Considering a standard def 2D DVD movie is typically somewhere between 3-9Gb I'm surprised at how good the 3D movies look, especially since my TV is passive 3D so half the vertical resolution is lost and the files are side by side so the horizontal resolution is halved too.
    I don't know what size a typical BR movie is but a dual layer disc can hold around 50Gb so there's plenty room for improvement over the smaller torrent files as well as full 1080p resolution per eye available if your setup allows it.

alexi_drago, Aug 20, 2015
Ask a Question