Samsung TV 3D Options?

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by ryumitch1, Jun 7, 2012.

1. ryumitch1

ryumitch1 New Member

hi guys, i'm new here and i have a question that has been bugging me for months.

After searching for months and asking Samsung for help, i got nowhere with my question. I tried to search for it on here, but i couldn't seem to find it due to not knowing the exact keywords to use. My question is in regard to the options i can select on my 3D samsung tv when i press the 3D button on my remote.
    [​IMG]

these are the 3 options i have. now, i know what the 2D-3D option does, but what are the other two options for?

i figured that it was for the technology of playing split screen games while each person have the full screen. As an example, i put the last mode on, and turned the glasses on. It looks like a mess until you close 1 of your eyes, and you can see the top half of the screen, and if you close the opposite eye you can see the bottom half...this seems like technology for playing split screen games right?

it is an active shutter TV, so the glasses would normally shut at different times displaying each image. but what this would need for the split screen to work, is ultimately a Left/Left pair of glasses, and a Right/Right pair of glasses. This would allow the user to view the top half of the screen, and the other user to view the bottom, as the shutters would be closing at the same time, showing one image.

sorry if i didn't make myself clear, i found it quite difficult to explain. But i am sure you guys can give a a better answer that Samsung's help service, which replied with "to turn on 3D, press the 3D button on your remote"...

ryumitch1, Jun 7, 2012
  2. ryumitch1

arronlee Member

Hi, ryumitch1.
    Have you had someone to help with your problem? I wonder whether it can be accomplished by some
    imaging toolkits or not? But I am not an expert on 3D image showing. Whatever, I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
    Arron

arronlee, May 14, 2014
  3. ryumitch1

Rodney Fraser New Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    Rodney Fraser, Jul 19, 2014
Ask a Question