Samsung D8000 as PC monitor 3D movie viewing?

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by STAINLESS, Dec 10, 2011.

1. STAINLESS

STAINLESS New Member

Hi everyone. My first post :eek:

I have recently purchased a Samsung 55" UA55D8000 and have it set up as 4th monitor on my PC

[​IMG]

What I am hoping to do is watch 3D BluRay movies through the pc. So far I have not suceeded.
    I have a Pioneer BluRay burner in the PC and watch non 3D BluRay through PowerDVD Ultra 3D 11
    The problem is when I insert a 3D disk no matter what settings I choose there is just no 3D signal being sent to the glasses.

I am also awaiting delivery of my Samsung D8500A 3D BluRay player which I know will fix this problem.
    However, I do still have some recorded 3D BluRay movies in .mkv format that I would like to watch from my PC hard drives.
    Is this something I can do once all the networking is set up between tv,pc and 3D BluRay player?

Sorry Im such a no0b, but Im struggling a bit here :confused:

*Edit...

Also I think I read somewhere that there is extra software needed to download to set up the networking properly. T/F? If true please point me to it :)

*Edit 2...

Im running 2 EVGA GTX580's with HDMI 1.4 Support

STAINLESS, Dec 10, 2011
Ask a Question