Samsung connected to a PC

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by aazula, Mar 6, 2011.

1. aazula

aazula New Member

Hello:

Having a difficult time getting 3d video to work using a PC connected to a 3d television. I hope someone here has had experience with this sort of thing and might be able to give some tips or tell me what I am doing wrong.

The setup:

A Samsung LE40C750 3d -television with a pair of glasses it came with.

An Acer 5741G laptop with an NVidia 320M GeForce card.

An HDMI cable.

Repro steps:

I open a side-by-side video full-screen in PowerDVd or VLC Player. (tried this with a variety of videos from various sources)

I can see two two clear left and right videos, right next to each other in the player.

I switch on the 3d mode on the tv for side by side.

Without the glasses I can see that the two streams now overlap a small amount in the middle. Maybe 10-15 percent of the total area.

I put on the glasses and either turn them on or they turn themselves on and pretty much see the same thing, except darker, more contrast and one of the streams is somewhat lighter than the other, which I take that that one is supposed to be the ghost image. But they are nowhere physically close to combining into a single image.

Any thoughts?

aazula, Mar 6, 2011
Ask a Question