Samsung 3D Gaming Monitor

Discussion in '3D Computing' started by HerniaBay, Mar 31, 2010.

1. HerniaBay

HerniaBay Member

I've seen that you can but a gaming monitor for a little over £200 (but then spend £100 on a pair of glasses). Does it work? Does it really have a £300 effect?

HerniaBay, Mar 31, 2010
  2. HerniaBay

jules666 New Member

It works really well, I have a Dell 30" and had that as my gaming monitor, I put off buying the Nvidia 3D vision setup as a) I did not wand to drop down to 22" monitor, and b) was not sure if it was worth it i.e. the 3D may be rubbish.

I can say that after playing with it for 1 day I was amazed, so much so that I purchased a 2nd one for my other gaiming PC, and now the 30" Dell is not used!

3D ready games are awsome, no other word for it, the 22" size is actually fine as the 3D is just so good I would never go back to 2D, of course when a larger screen comes out I'll get one, not a 24" as the 2" would not be worth it, but I'll wait for a cheaper 32" or 37" LCD TV maybe.

I would add that it has given all my older games (ones I had played and never did not anymore) a new lease of life as most work very well with 3D I was amazed at this.

Dont hold off its worth every penny, but you should ensure your graphics card(s) are up to it, I would recommend sli 8800 at least (thats in my 2nd PC)

L4D2, Batman, Res 5, Just cause 2, Battle Field BC2 are all awsome in 3D

jules666, Apr 1, 2010
  3. HerniaBay

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Jules666 :)

I'd love to get my hands on one of these monitors soon. I'm currently using a 22" LCD, so it is just the right size.

Did you notice any flicker during gaming? At 120hz I can't imagine it will be noticable for most people, but it would be re-assuring to know.

Ian, Apr 1, 2010
Ask a Question