PS3 test at Harvey Norman

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by integrated12345, Jul 13, 2010.

1. integrated12345

integrated12345 Member

I went into Harvey Norman 2day and hooked my Playstation3 upto a 50" Panasonic 3DTV to compare it to my Samsung Series8 55" 3D LED TV.

I played Wipeout HD in 3D with the 3D effect set to 100%, immediatley i noticed the 3D images came together well but there was still some Crosstalk present (overlapping or doubled images) not as much as my Samsung 3DTV but the the main problem was the picture was very dark and dull, i adjusted the brightness and it did not make much difference.

In my opinion the Panasonic Plasma is slightly sharper displaying 3D images but very dull compared to my super bright Samsung 3D LED TV, also the extra 5 inches of screen size makes a difference as well.

I prefer a brighter picture than what the Panasonic can offer, there is some 3D Crosstalk with the Samsung but the 3D effect is adjustable in some games.

Also the fact the Panasonic 3DTV does not feature 2D to 3D really sucks, i have tested a few games on my PS3 using Samsungs 2D - 3D technology and they look great, the depth isnt the same as wipeout using Native 3D but it is definatley a feature well worth having, i am glad i didnt buy a Panasonic at the end of the day.

integrated12345, Jul 13, 2010
  2. integrated12345

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the report :D. I'm off to have a look at some 3D TV's today and will look out for your Samsung (I'm away on holiday at the moment, but there's an electronics store near by).

It's a shame that it doesn't have 2D to 3D built in, as I can imagine this becoming a popular feature if it works well (especially on console games).

Ian, Jul 15, 2010
Ask a Question