PS3 game patches that convert 2D games to 3D

Discussion in '3D Gaming' started by integrated12345, May 27, 2010.

1. integrated12345

integrated12345 Member

i just read on the JB hi-fi website that there are going to be patches released that will convert 2D games to 3D!

who is getting a 3D-TV setup?

i want to get the Sony 40" HX800 3D-TV and a Monster 3D HDMI cable (1.4)

so who's hyped for 3D Games?

integrated12345, May 27, 2010
  2. integrated12345

integrated12345 Member

very quiet people??? some one must have an opinion or comment! LOL

integrated12345, Jun 1, 2010
  3. integrated12345

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

I'm looking forward to seeing which games are patched :). I've not got a 3D TV for my PS3 yet, but as soon as games are released in reasonable quantities, then I may just go for it.

Do you know which games are going to be patched for stereo gaming?

Ian, Jun 1, 2010
  4. integrated12345

integrated12345 Member

i dont know the list of games that are going to get patched but Grand Turismo 5 3D is going to be amazing, it must have been in production for atleast 5 years now!

i hope Grand Theft Auto 4 gets a 3D patch as well! i am eagerly awaiting the release of the Sony 3D-TV's, i was hooked the 1st time i saw a 3D Blu-ray movie at Harvey Norman!

the in car cockpit view is going to be awesome in racing games as well!

integrated12345, Jun 1, 2010
  5. integrated12345

noleng Member

I have a 7 series samsung 55inch led, and ps3, and the samsung 3d dvd player.

So far I have seen only 3d demo games, and wipeout, stardust as full releases.

I purchased the game PAIN (non 3d). There is a free 3d patch for the game and it claims it adds 3d levels, and makes previous levels 3d capable.

So far when i go into the game unlike my other 3d demos that automatically detect the 3d game mode, pain so far has not gotten my tv to detect the 3d mode. (maybe i havent gotten to the extra levels) But when I put my tv in the 2d ---> 3d mode , which usually is a cheezy simulated conversion, it seems to really look visually apealing. It seems just as good as the real 3d.

I also looked at the amount of people that have d/l 3d demos, and there are thousands.. but this could easily be lots of non 3d users attempting to try out these 3d demos on there system anyways.

When I went to check out how many people d/l actual purchased 3d games (wipeout / starburst or whatever it is called) Shockingly there were just as many. This must be a good sign for sony that we want and need these 3d games and patched today. not in a year.

So come on people... go buy a 3d tv, and download all the 3d demos you can. The more people that support it, the quicker sonly will get to release these things hopefully.

noleng, Aug 10, 2010
Ask a Question