PS3 3D not working on panasonic?

Discussion in '3D Gaming' started by Appleseed, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Appleseed

Appleseed New Member

PS3 3D not working on panasonic

Hello, I just downloaded the Wipeout HD with 3D "patch", Motorstorm Pacific Rift 3D Demo, and the Stardust whatever Demo... I have a 65" Panasonic Vierra 3D TV; with Onkyo 608 3D ready receiver; all HDMI is 1.4... The Game will run in 3D, the TV recognizes that it is in 3D mode... But when I put the glasses on and turn them on (one red blink) it looks no different than when the glasses are off (three red blinks) or as when the glasses are off of your face... The game looks as if it has the double images... What am I doing wrong? I even tried to go under "vierra tools" and change or "traverse" the images wich did nothing...

Appleseed, Aug 17, 2010
  2. Appleseed

Appleseed New Member

Got it working...

went to the troubleshooting section of the TV manual... Evidently the glasses have to have a clear shot of the IR port on the TV... My polkaudio center channel speaker was blocking it... I am so happy to get it working. It looks awesome on the big screen... Can't wait for Tron Legacy to come out on 3D Blue Ray! Thanks anyway...

Appleseed, Aug 17, 2010
  3. Appleseed

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums Appleseed!

Yep, the IR port controls how the glasses switch the view between each eye, so you wouldn't have been seeing anything different at the time - I'm glad it's up and running now :D

What do you think of 3D gaming so far? :)

Ian, Aug 23, 2010
  4. Appleseed

noleng Member

s awesome isnt it. You can also add an add on 3d patch to the game PAIN.

Its a comical game, but it becomes more interesting once you add the 3d add on. And it seems that for PAIN the system or tv dont switch over to the 3d so you have to simulate it, but it seems to work perfectly in 2d upscaling mode.

noleng, Aug 24, 2010
  5. Appleseed

FlashTS New Member

Hmmm well I have a Panasonic 46" Plamsa 3D (TC-46PGT24) and a Panasonic Blu-Ray 3D (DMPBDT105) and with the PS3 running the new system update with 3D capability and also the update that Wipe Out HD. Now ever since I installed the game with it's own update the PS3 won't play any 3D feature films, only the menus and the PS3 menu and any 2D video with conversion. And of course the Panasonic Blu-Ray plays without a hitch.

I've tried putting the glasses literally right in front the IR sensor and nothing helps. The problem that occurs is as soon as the it's done flipping thru all the warnings and such the glasses flicker really fast and then the PS3 freezes and the tv is blank. I have to hard start the PS3 in order to continue, oh and btw Wipe Out plays find of course- go figure. Might you have any other ideas as to why this is happening, I'd be much abliged. :cool:

FlashTS, Oct 24, 2010
  6. Appleseed

noleng Member

Make sure you are using a hdmi 1.4 nothing less. this could be part of the reason

noleng, Oct 25, 2010
  7. Appleseed

podgypig Active Member

you need hdmi 1.4 cable as well as hdmi 1.4 3d tv for ps3 to work. Also, turn off any other IR products near your tv. your phone might also interfere with the emitter so move that into another room. theres also dvd players and other IR stuff in most houses.

podgypig, Feb 6, 2011
  8. Appleseed

Rslower New Member

I Think i know the answear of it all!

I had just the same problem, until i again.

Did in XMB go on screen setting Displayout, cheked HDMI cable, then eltted it automatically find out what was best, then it recognzed it as a 3d tv, again (which it already had) then i saw a 3d traile, then there you go! it will ask you if you want 3d option :p:p:p:p

Rslower, Jun 25, 2011
Ask a Question