Prometheus

Discussion in '3D Movies' started by wim hoppenbrouwers, Jul 6, 2012.

1. wim hoppenbrouwers

wim hoppenbrouwers Well-Known Member

The best 3D movie I saw. Avatar is second,but all the others are less imo.
    Even Ridley Scott had technical problems, he likes to shoot with long lenses.
    The shallows of depths of fields are now his big problem. these tricks are especialy for 2D
    So I felt constantly the struggling between the 3D and the 2D with the depth tricks..
    A lot of shots were with 3 layers. Only the middle one was sharp.
    If I do that with my anaglyph pictures, the hell goes loose.
    The first unsharp layer (out of Focus) you have to remove it. There is a rule in stereo: keep everything sharp.
    Front and distance. Sometimes you can use SDOF for details.
    The computer pics were perfect. The story was great. Thanks Ridley! I will purchase the 2D Blu-ray next month!.

p.s. Avatar was shot with width angle-lenses and smaller sensors, what's better for the sharpness in the right focus.

wim

wim hoppenbrouwers, Jul 6, 2012
  2. wim hoppenbrouwers

mike Well-Known Member

Decided to buy this in 2D after reading one or two reports will watch it over the next few days.

mike, Dec 26, 2012
  3. wim hoppenbrouwers

Dave Watro New Member

Wimm,

Some of my favorite moments in the movie "Hugo" are the extremely selective focus shots. Like all techniques of the trade, if done correctly and purposefully - the results can be magical. Be careful not to quote the "rules" of the industry, when most of those rules have been created by people who don't know what they are talking about. Likewise, I'll be careful with my statement, shallow depth of field has be be used more carefully than it is in 2D, but it most certainly should not be stated that it has no place in 3D.

Dave.

Dave Watro, Jan 17, 2013
  4. wim hoppenbrouwers

wim hoppenbrouwers Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comment Dave! I will watch "Hugo".

greetings in 3D

wim hoppenbrouwers, Jan 18, 2013
Ask a Question