problems with MKV files

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by sailorman, Sep 7, 2011.

1. sailorman

sailorman New Member

I have a LG 3D TV and a 3D bluray player of the same brand. I have no problem on playing all kinds of 3D files. I have normail Bluray disks and some files stored on a external disk. Recently, I downloaded one movie (Alice in wonderland) wich comes not side by side, but up/down. It's a MKV file, but I always ge the message "Video Format not Supported". Anyone can help? Thanks!:)

sailorman, Sep 7, 2011
  2. sailorman

jacknpoe Member

I have the same problem with my SONY Bravia Blu-Ray. I guess this is a marketing choice to avoid the piracy. Try to crop the movies in files with 2Gb of size.

jacknpoe, Oct 15, 2011
  3. sailorman

ps2fatboy Member

if you have them on your mediaplayer try playing it threw using the computer cable plugged directly to tv instead of using the hdmi cable or maybe try updating your tv or blue ray player to help play this file or just download another file it might be corrupted i have mkv files aswell most of mine work and i have an lg tv and bluray player

ps2fatboy, Jan 5, 2012
  4. sailorman

jacknpoe Member

I try it. But the resolution drop to 1024x768. And the TV denied the 3D options. Seems to be a policy to avoid piracy.

jacknpoe, Jan 13, 2012
  5. sailorman

tuareg Member

I had the same problem with quite a few 3D files when played through direct USB on the TV. In many the audio was also unsupported. Now I play all through HTPC connected with ordinary HDMI cable to HDMI port and everything seems perfect.
    If you face overlap and ghosting problems through HTPC, please see my post in thread "Problems with Side by Side Mkv files" here.

My acqisition of the LG is fairly new and would like to ask those with passive LG TV and PS3 as to which firmware version are you using on your PS3 for 3D. Also when playing 3D games or 3D movies from the PS3 on the LG TV do you imperatively have to make a choice on the TV of SBS, over/under or say frame sequential after pressing the 3D enable button, or do any play automatically in 3D. ( Play the disk, press 3D on the Tv remote and it plays automatically in 3D. I have seen this on the Sony TV )

tuareg, Feb 14, 2012
  6. sailorman

scottnrogers New Member

In fact, in order to play MKV on LG TV using USB, a surefire solution is to convert MKV to LG TV more supported video format.

Working as the powerful LG TV Video Converter, iDealshare VideoGo supports converting various video format including MKV, MP4, MPEG, MXF, M4V, MTS, M2T, M2TS, AVI, ASF, AVCHD, WMV, RMVB, FLV, F4V, WebM, SWF, 3GP, OGV, DVR and etc to LG TV supported video or even audio format.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    scottnrogers, Mar 21, 2014
Ask a Question