Problem With SBS File....

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by Denis Harrison, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Denis Harrison

Denis Harrison New Member

Hi :) I am totally new to 3D, cause I have only recently bought a 3D Television (Samsung UE46D8000). I have watched maybe two 3D films on Disc but a friend brought over a 3D file Transformers 3 and it has black borders top and bottom. I cannot change this no matter what I do, function is not available is what I get when I try to change aspect ratio. now I am worried that there is something wrong with the Television or it's the file. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance for a 3D newbie :)

Denis Harrison, Apr 29, 2012
  2. Denis Harrison

tuareg Member

Do you get black bars up and down if you play this file in norml mode without invoking 3D. If so, then the file will play same way when you invoke 3D also because that is the encoded aspect of the file.

tuareg, Jun 6, 2012
  3. Denis Harrison

fairy tale Member

Maybe it is your 3 D file problem, as a post said the that way.

fairy tale, Jul 6, 2012
  4. Denis Harrison

Wrightway Stone Active Member

Because the original file is 1920x720, but for 1920x1080 3D side by side frame, then add letterbox (black up and down) to keep the original aspect ratio, you can not change to 16:9 or 4:3 screen size to get full screen, unless you use TMPGEnc software to rerender this file, to eliminate top and down black space.

Wrightway Stone, Jul 6, 2012
Ask a Question