playing 3d files

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by footsoldier, Apr 17, 2011.

1. footsoldier

footsoldier New Member

Hi the names Brendan first post ,and trying to get 3d files to play on samsung plasme 3d ready tv. I have tried many players and finally found one thats plays my 3d files { nvidia 3d player} correctly installed correct codecs but its playing in split screen and just cant figure out why its not playing the content correctly. split screen is not in true 3d obviously ,and can only be converted. any advice? the file im playing is a mkv file im pretty sure.

footsoldier, Apr 17, 2011
  2. footsoldier

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums footsoldier :).

Can you explain your setup a little more please? Are you using an HDMI out on your computer to display on your TV? If you have the model of TV we can check which 3D mode you'll need to use :).

Ian, Apr 18, 2011
  3. footsoldier

footsoldier New Member

i have a samsung d550 plasma. im using monitor connection not hdmi. i actually did get a file of avatar that runs very nice in 3d 1080p so not really sure what the problem is with that other file but know other ppl have used it and worked fine for them in 3d. the gpu is a gtx 295.
    also im trying to work on this 3d gaming as well and also could not get the drivers to install from nvidia. do i need nvidia 3d kit to run 3d gaming or can i use my glasses from my samsung and drivers for my card to do it ?

footsoldier, Apr 19, 2011
Ask a Question