Parasite

Discussion in '3D Movies' started by Erik Schoolcraft, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Erik Schoolcraft

Erik Schoolcraft Member

Doesn't look like this forum is used much anymore but I am still scrapping to find release titles and starting to have more luck than I thought.
    Recently bought the 3-d release of the 1982 film Parasite released this year 2019-Oct 22. They had to use an old over-under 35mm release negative which had faded and only used part of the 35mm frame for each image. The transfer to HD needed color correction, alignment correction and had thick grain which needed to be compensated for digitally for the HD transfer. The end result is a film that is really kind of silly but one of Demi Moor's early films and Studio Canal did a wonderful restoration job on the film. Color looks nice and the picture is pretty clear. The sound had to come from the optical stero tracks since there was no other remaining material but is okay for 1982 stereo.
    Technically there are a couple issues with the stereoscoptic registration in a couple scenes. Overall though the film was transferred to 3-d Blu Ray best as possible. The single disc set also includes the 2-d version as well.
    This was a third-party release, or b-movie, but looks good and is a good addition for showing off 3-d.

Second is the 3-d blu ray release of Skyscraper 2018. There are a lot of out of screen effects in this film mainly the fire and debris flying in your face and a couple heavy action sceens jump out pretty close to the viewer. Overall depth of the images is good, the 3-d gets exciting at points and the playback is near perfect for your home viewing.

These are just the movies I recently recived. I don't like to give film reviews for content since I'm not Siskle or Eibert but wanted to put my foot forward on the actual 3-d performance of these films.

Erik Schoolcraft, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Erik Schoolcraft

GeoCAMD3D New Member

Hello Erik

Look at my recent post about StereoVision Company

StereoVision lenses were used to shoot Parasite

WE have some production pics, a poster, and other
    like a VHS tape copy. We have archives of 3D films
    with related items.

WE have 65mm film of the Rose parade that is astounding

Chat with me about your interests

GeoCAMD3D, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Erik Schoolcraft

Erik Schoolcraft Member

Realize that home 3-D is pretty much gone but working on writing a review of the titles I have on BR 3-D just to share my experiences. Hopefully it comes back but in the meantime I have about 85-90 3-D BR discs and the equiptment to watch them on. Figure the info will be helpful to anyone scratching the market.

Erik Schoolcraft, Jan 5, 2020
Ask a Question