Panasonic TC-P42 great picture- horrible sound HELP!

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by pschmeer, Apr 5, 2011.

1. pschmeer

pschmeer New Member

OK, love the picture. Great for 3D games. Problem is the sound. Background music soundtrack drowns out dialogue. No bass. Just generally crappy. I know this ? is only indirectly 3D related but was hoping someone with the same or similar set could help. I don't want to purchase a new expensive HDMI surround receiver but the sound output options on the TV are very limited. From what I can tell, the only option other than HDMI is the optical output. My question is: can I use this output to hook into a cheap surround sound unit AND get surround sound (or any sound for that matter)? I can get a cheap used RCA home theater system for $25. It has an optical input - at least I think it's an input (as opposed to an output). I'm not an audiophile. I just want to be able get a bit more bass and tweak the sound to get a better mix. ANY solutions would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks much

pschmeer, Apr 5, 2011
Ask a Question