Panasonic CX-50-802b and skyQ

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by montyspurs, Dec 15, 2020.

1. montyspurs

montyspurs New Member

I have one of these TVs it used to work perfectly in 3D ages ago but now when I try and watch it in the 3D menu on the tv the 3D settings isn’t available anyone know why this wouldn’t work it’s fine on ordinary tv

Attached Files:

montyspurs, Dec 15, 2020
  2. montyspurs

Barney Member

Hi
    My Google exploration says the unit has to be a 55 inch.
    Check the advice on
    Panasonic TX-55CX802B 4K TV Review

HDTV test
    (Good Luck)

Barney, Dec 19, 2020
  3. montyspurs

Barney Member

Our custom-authored test pattern confirmed that the 55in CX802B successfully delivered full HD 3D resolution – an upgrade over the step-down 50in Viera CX700B which merged the alternating black and white horizontal single-pixel lines into a grey smudge. Whether this improvement in tri-dimensional resolution is due to the screen size or model range remains unclear until we can get our hands on either a 50″ CX802 or 55″ CX700.

The TV presumably handles 3-D at 60Hz internally, because 24Hz and 50Hz extra-dimensional material exhibited noticeable judder which could only be smoothed by bumping [24p Smooth Film] or [Intelligent Frame Creation] up to “Min” or “Max“. Unfortunately this in turn introduced the dreaded soap opera effect to films, so 3D movie lovers are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The Panasonic TX-55CX802 doesn’t ship with any 3D glasses, but when we tried out some compatible active-shutter ones on the 3DTV, crosstalk was faint and not distracting.

Barney, Dec 19, 2020
Ask a Question