Panasonic 3D Lumix cameras

Discussion in '3D Cameras' started by dbbrook, Dec 12, 2010.

1. dbbrook

dbbrook New Member

I have been doing quite of bit searching on the Panasonic Lumix cameras which can have the 3D lens attached and in fact have bought the Lumix DMC-G2. There are 3 cameras which will accommodate the 3D lens (not quite available yet). The G2 came out in the spring and is the least expensive of the 3. There is a firmware update for the G2 camera and once applied you can actually see reference to MPO in the setup screens. An encouraging sign. I have an Olympus 4:3 SRL and the G2 with an adapter takes many of the Olympus lenses and all the ones I have. The camera itself is quite fascinating and certainly can be a challenge to anyone who likes to play with settings. There is one button on the camera that simply tells the camera to automatically set everything to what is thinks are the best settings. The 3D lens is on sale at a number of websites such as Amazon and B & H photo but the delivery time is listed as January to February. The idea of having a single camera which can handle the SLR type of photos with many 2D lenses and also 3D by attaching a 3D lens should be appealing to a number of people.

dbbrook, Dec 12, 2010
Ask a Question