opinions on passive vs active?

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by alexi_drago, Sep 1, 2015.

1. alexi_drago

alexi_drago Active Member

Earlier this year I bought a 42" passive 3D Sony TV, I didn't even try out the active TVs and I've still never seen anything on one. I find that I'm quite sensitive to flickering lighting, even when it's not really apparent, lighting in supermarkets and hospitals makes me feel dizzy or light headed in some way and I lose concentration and I thought that might be a risk with active 3D too and that trying out a demo for a couple of minutes in a shop would not necessarily be indicative of how I might feel over the length of a movie.
    I'm very happy with the TV that I got and have no real issues with how well it works, if I'm sitting up straight I get a little ghosting from my eyeline being a bit higher than the centre of the screen but the horizontal viewing angle is fairly wide so I can relax in various positions with no problems, the other thing is the reduced resolution which I don't really notice too much but might be more apparent in a direct side by side comparison.

Has anyone with a similar sensitivity tried or bought an active 3D TV, how did you find it? Or any other issues with one or the other that anyone's noticed?

alexi_drago, Sep 1, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question