not proper 3D

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by Fradge, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Fradge

Fradge Member

Hi while looking at the blu-ray film section i have noticed that some films that state they are in 3D actually use the paper glasses to get the effect of 3D which is fine but if you want a proper 3D film and there is not many of them out there at the moment you need to make sure it says Blu-ray 3D on the front of the box.
    Believe me its an easy mistake to make as just this morning my wife gill picked up a copy of a christmas carol in 3d with the paper glasses in the box and then i showed her the blu-ray 3D version which we bought.

Fradge, Nov 14, 2010
  2. Fradge

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Very good point! I would have always assumed it was going to be 3DTV-compatible stereoscopic content if it stated 3D on the box. Thanks for the heads up, Fradge!

Ian, Nov 19, 2010
  3. Fradge

Gleneagles Member

Only blu-ray can support 3D formats for HDtvs. Ordinary DVD has a number of titles which you can watch on any monitor or television with anaglyph (red/cyan) glasses. If you buy some better quality glasses from Berezin or other suppliers, the enjoyment is MUCH better than those cardboard thingys. Nevertheless, there is always an annoying distortion of color when using tinted glasses.
    I for one would like to see some CONVERSIONS made from 2-D on some classic B&W films. When you view black and white with anaglyph glasses, the effect is excellent (depending on the original picture resolution).

Gleneagles, Dec 29, 2010
Ask a Question