New to 3D video and need help

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by 3Dcheez, Oct 1, 2014.

1. 3Dcheez

3Dcheez New Member

Hello-
    I’m a newbie to the 3D video world and need some help. I believe my application is not too sophisticated. We are doing a research project that requires viewing an object live and in 3D. We’d like to view a computer screen (or similar) while wearing some sort of 3D glasses and, if possible, view the video in color. Ideally, we’d like to use relatively low cost DirectShow USB cameras.
    A colleague went online for investigating and suggested using our USB cameras with 3D multiplexer and player software from 3dtv.at along with some USB shutter glasses; also, a computer and FPD.
    Does this seem like a good way to go? Or is there a simpler or better way to do it? We are educational so money is always a concern.
    Appreciate any advice and help.
    Thanks-
    3Dcheez.

3Dcheez, Oct 1, 2014
  2. 3Dcheez

3Dcheez New Member

No luck with a response. Can anyone suggest a more responsive forum for newbies with questions? Thx.

3Dcheez, Oct 2, 2014
Ask a Question