New Real 3D Autostereogram Video! No Glasses Required!!

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by billyd, Mar 17, 2010.

1. billyd

billyd New Member

Check out this awesome 3D video that actually jumps out of the screen and no clunky 3D glasses are required!! Please let me know what you think...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3Mk9wmkEA[/ame]

And if you are having troubles seeing the 3D then just read the tips in the comment section below the video.

billyd, Mar 17, 2010
  2. billyd

GreenGambler New Member

I don't see it.. Is this supposed to be like the old magic eye books? Or is it supposed to be displayed on a true Auto3d TV?

GreenGambler, Mar 18, 2010
  3. billyd

Ian Administrator Staff Member

I can't get this working well for me either (it does work on the same principle as those "magic eye" books). I can see something bouncing around, but if it was uploaded in HD it may work better :).

Thanks for posting this billyd! Could you see the image properly?

Ian, Mar 18, 2010
  4. billyd

billyd New Member

Hey!! Yeah, I'm able to see the image clearly on a normal computer monitor. It works to a similar principle as the Magic Eye books but requires a few changes to make it animated!

Please try this and let me know if it helps:
    -full screen the video
    -pause the video at the very start
    -stare at the screen slightly crossing your eyes/focusing beyond the screen
    -be patient and wait for the image to appear
    -try moving further away from your screen if nothing is appearing
    -once you can see the 3D image hit play and watch the cool 3D video!
    -you can also try adjusting when you blink

If you search for "Stereogram Lesson" on YouTube there is also a helpful video that comes up first... I hope that helps, let me know!!

Unfortunately if is loaded in any higher quality then YouTube does not stream it fast enough and you have to wait a long time to see the video, but I can see it very well still. And because each frame in the video is randomly different it does not compress very well and ends up resulting in really large files!

billyd, Mar 18, 2010
  5. billyd

billyd New Member

Hi GreenGambler!

Thanks for checking out my 3D video. It is indeed similar to the old Magic Eye books but fully animated!! You can view it on any monitor or display type. Please check out my comment above that has helpful instructions on how to see it. The key thing is to full screen and move away from the display... Please let me know what you think by rating&commenting if you like it, thanks!!

Have a great day...

billyd, Mar 18, 2010
Ask a Question