New "3V" Proof of Concept Demo Videos

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by 5Deck.com, Jun 4, 2011.

1. 5Deck.com

5Deck.com Member

Hey Everyone,

I've rounded out my website (5Deck.com) with a "make your own 3V" page (a 3V is just what I call a 3D display that uses specific techniques I described in my book "How to Make a Holodeck") that uses 4 new videos from my YouTube page (http://www.YouTube.com/user/FiveDeck) to show a purely paper based product I made over the last month that creates a static, volumetric 3D cube with three colors. If you like papercraft or making stuff by hand and want to make something different I added the files you need and some really, really, really long instructions to the site to make your own version of the "RGB Cube" (I know they're long because it takes a minute for the page to load them, lol).

I had two things in mind when I set up the instructions and made this new demo. First, this is is a straightforward way to prove to people that the concepts in the book work by giving everyone the opportunity to actually make the simplest version of a 3V. Second, I kind of suck at arts and crafts because I'm too impatient and I think that people who are more skilled can make a way better version with the same tools and files! :p

Even if you don't make your own, it will probably amuse you to see the videos at the very least.

Thanks for your time!

5Deck.com, Jun 4, 2011
Ask a Question