new 3d tv

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by mcpotdar, Oct 20, 2011.

1. mcpotdar

mcpotdar New Member

hello everybody...
    i m planning to buy new sony 3d tv.
    but i m not buying blu ray 3d player..
    is it possible to play 3d content with the help of USB flash drive
    can i play sbs format on sony 3d tv??
    please help.

mcpotdar, Oct 20, 2011
  2. mcpotdar

Bill Klein Member

I have a Sony 3D TV. It will play side-by-side format (and over under). My experience is that my Sony will not play a USB flash drive. It looks for active devices from the USP port(s). I have a Sony blu ray player that I bought before the 3D TV and I was able to upconvert the firmware on the player (from the Sony site) to play 3D content. The blu ray player has a USB port that will play fllash drives. I have played both MPO format and side-by-side JPEG format photos and videos using flash drives played in 3D through the blu ray player.

For the videos taken with my Fuji W3 camera, I use srvmkre to convert the W3 formated to JPEG side-by-side. I can then use regular old Premiere Elements to edit the videos. I have to expand the video by 200% in the vertical. I can then render the videos using Premiere, write them to a DVD or a flash drive and play them in 3D through my blu ray player.

Bill Klein, Oct 23, 2011
Ask a Question