Need 3D info please

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by dgordo, Feb 1, 2010.

1. dgordo

dgordo New Member

I am doing a research paper on 3D TV and I need to focus on the discontinuities that are present within the industry.

What is a good source for this type of news?

Thanks in advance.

dgordo, Feb 1, 2010
  2. dgordo

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Hi dgordo, welcome to the forums. Can you explain a little bit more about what you are trying to achieve and I will try to advise :)

Ian, Feb 2, 2010
  3. dgordo

dgordo New Member

Thank you Ian.

I hear that there are differences among the TVs, the glasses, the compression technology, etc. At this point I am trying to find more information on these differences and any other that exist among within the technology.

dgordo, Feb 2, 2010
  4. dgordo

Ian Administrator Staff Member

I'm not aware of a central source of information for this at the moment, although Wikipedia is usually pretty good once a technology becomes mainstream (althoug this probably won't be the required level of depth for a research paper).

It may be that you'll need to compile your research manually by reading the various technical papers published by each TV manufacturer.

Good luck! :)

Ian, Feb 5, 2010
  5. dgordo

vannie Member

Dear Dgordo and Ian,

Please feel free to look at my website (see profile).This website generates a lot of news and information from media and newssites.So the content changes a lot and you stay updated with all news on 3d tv.You may find some interesting stuff There!!!

vannie, Feb 6, 2010
  6. dgordo

bennyc1 New Member

Hey dgordo,
    There is little information around at the moment. As far as i'm aware the major brands to release 3dHDTV's are Samsung and Panasonic. They both require active shutter glass systems at the moment. i think that no glasses technology will follow in a few years. There is some good you tube videos on the systems and the manufacturers also have a promotional video and some specs. Hope that helps.

bennyc1, Mar 24, 2010
  7. dgordo

K. L. Morris Member

well there are a lot of factors that you can consider adding in your file.
    To start with, you can always see LCD, PLASM and LED technology. They are different from each other and it is going to affect the 3D viewing. Then you can check the specifications of a few 3D TVs and see why they differ from each other, this way you can easily get in depth view.
    Hope this helped!

K. L. Morris, Jun 19, 2010
Ask a Question