My website: Some unusual 3d (crossed method)

Discussion in '3D Photos' started by Glenn, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Glenn

Glenn Member

http://www.glenncraigworks.freehosting.net/index.html

Hi- I'm not new to this, having taken 3d pics for 40 years, mostly with my own devices.
    I've used 2 cameras, 1 camera and NO camera. Photoshop can turn any image into a 3d.
    I'm an artist, and my tastes range from very realistic to completely abstract or non-objective.

balboapk17a-set.jpg

sol-736-lava-erosion!-42k-.jpg

Glenn, Jan 21, 2014
    wim hoppenbrouwers likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Member

Glenn, Jan 21, 2014
  3. Glenn

wim hoppenbrouwers Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing these nice stereo-pics. greetings from Holland wim

wim hoppenbrouwers, Jan 24, 2014
  4. Glenn

Glenn Member

Thanks and you're welcome!
    I lived in Europe for a few years (mostly Heidelberg) and noticed that many more Europeans take 3d pictures than people anywhere else.
    I wonder why that is.
    For me it was the curiosity and sense of adventure: wanting to see something that sometimes couldn't be seen any other way. Seeing what was invisible.
    I tried doing anaglyphs for a while, but then found free-viewing. I have the glasses and viewed some of your pictures (that are amazing!) but it seems cumbersome to require something extra to view 3d, even if the images are still excellent.
    With free-viewing I love the colors, the ability to enlarge the image easily, and the extreme portability of the viewing system, that doesn't need anything special to work. The only disadvantage is that lots of people just can't do it. It's either their eyes or their brains that balk at processing images into 3d. Not surprisingly though, many architects, engineers and artists can do it easily.
    Perhaps the reason for this is that these people think in 3 dimensions already!

Greetings from Southern California -gc

Glenn, Jan 27, 2014
  5. Glenn

wim hoppenbrouwers Well-Known Member

Hallo Glenn. The reason most of the people do have problems with parallel-view and cross-view that I choose for anaglyphs.
    I have to admit that parallel-view gives the best stereo and nice/real color effect.

greetings from Holland. Wim

wim hoppenbrouwers, Jan 27, 2014
  6. Glenn

Glenn Member

I don't think there's any right way to do it, and none of the methods is perfect. Each image is different and one might require a completely different technique from another. And then there are your preferences and your style!
    I think it's important to know many different methods. You gain more and have greater insight.

Glenn, Jan 28, 2014
Ask a Question