My 3D-Ready HDTV. How to????

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by typhoonikan, Apr 25, 2010.

1. typhoonikan

typhoonikan New Member

I have a 2007 Samsung DLP HLT5675S that is 3D ready.
    I am interested in setting this thing up for 3D. Mainly for use with gaming.

I am tech savvy, but this is kind of an area that is new to me in technology.
    Fortunately, I am in the market for a new computer. So I am thinking I can get a computer that would do the job for converting my tv into 3D.
    Can anyone refer me to two or three comptuers they would recommend to do this?

Also, Is there anything I should really know about this technology? I don't want to just jump into it not knowing its going to cost me 24984298 dollars or something wont' work the way I think it will.

Thanks for your help! :)

typhoonikan, Apr 25, 2010
  2. typhoonikan

typhoonikan New Member

I'm really disappointed in this forum. 40+ people viewed the thread and no one replied.

typhoonikan, Apr 25, 2010
  3. typhoonikan

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums :) This 3D TV site is only just starting to grow, as most people are interested in the technology but haven't made the purchase yet.

You made a smart choice getting a 3D TV all the way back in 2007 :D! I don't know which method this TV uses to display 3D, so you may need to do some digging in to the manual.

If you want to use it primarily for gaming, the Playstation 3 has some 3D games ready for it, and many more to come in the future. That may be a good choice.

If you'd rather use a PC, then be sure to go for an NVIDIA graphics card as that has the best 3D support at the moment.

Ian, Apr 27, 2010
  4. typhoonikan

3DYourTV New Member

If you bought your "3D-ready TV" before 2010, it will most likely not be ready for 3D entertainment. For a variety of possible reasons (processing power, response time, and others), these TV's will most likely need some type of converter adapter that will make them 3D-capable.

Mitsubishi has already said they are working on an adapter for some of their pre-2010 3D-ready TV's. It is also possible that third-party manfacturers could step in and create adapters for any pre-2010 3D-ready TV.

3DYourTV, Jun 9, 2010
Ask a Question