Motorstorm Pacafic Rift 3D

Discussion in '3D Gaming' started by Ian, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

I walked in to town and went to the Sony store to try and have a look and see what the KDL-HX803 is like, and they had a demo set up with Motorstorm Pacific Rift 3D playing...

I have to admit I was very sceptical about how stereo gaming would turn out... however this game looks GREAT in 3D. I think once they start getting demos of PS3's running on 3DTVs then demand will hugely increase, I think most people will be pleasantly surprised at the quality.

At the same time, I had a quick look at the 3D conversion of standard 2D TV on the Sony KDL-HX803 and I wasn't too impressed with that. Perhaps it was just this particular feed, but it didn't seem to add much of a stereo effect to the image (it simply looked like a 2D viewing plane a few inches behind the panel). I'll be interested to see how this works on an HD source, as that should provide a better sample.

Ian, Jun 19, 2010
  2. Ian

K. L. Morris Member

I guess there is a huge demand now!
    Yes.. there certainely is!

K. L. Morris, Jun 19, 2010
  3. Ian

integrated12345 Member

i ended up getting the Samsung Series8 55" 3D LED TV Ian, i have been playing alot of Wipeout HD in 3D and it looks amazing, some tracks even make you feel giddy thats how real the visuals are, i gotta say that it finally feels that all the visual side of Home Theatre has finally caught upto the Audio!

its a trully amazing experience playing 3D Games now!

i have also tryed the 2D - 3D option on other games and movies like Avatar, the depth is nothing compared to a genuine 3D signal, the Games in 3D look really deep and the bluray movies jump right out at your face, scenes where the character or person is reaching out at you look like they are really comming out of the screen! i cant wait for games like Killzone 3 and Grand Turismo 5 in 3D!

integrated12345, Jun 29, 2010
  4. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

That's great news! :D I'm glad you've got your TV now :)

How many 3D movies/games have you got at the moment?

Ian, Jun 29, 2010
  5. Ian

integrated12345 Member

i only have the movie Monsters Vs Aliens 3D and the 3D games i downloaded of the Playstation network (Wipeout HD 3D & Motorstorm Pacific rift 3D)

i am really annoyed at Sony it appears they finally released new system software 3.40 and it still lacks 3D Bluray Playback!

considering they have allready released their own 3D-TV's its beyond me why they are delaying it still, typical Sony though, they havnt done a thing right lately

Panasonic 3D Plasma is at Harvey Norman now as well, i have heard that Plasma uses alot of power but is cheaper to make.

integrated12345, Jun 30, 2010
  6. Ian

noleng Member

I am in the same situation as you.. I have the 7 series though.

I have all the ps3 3d demos.

I also purchased Pain , and downloaded the 3d patch/add on.

But back to the topic.. This rally racing game is perfect for 3d.. with the way 3d works on tvs.. more depth as opposed to in your face.. racing games, and any video gaming for that matter are now finanly up to par with what home gaming should be about.

noleng, Aug 10, 2010
  7. Ian

Fradge Member

Hi all i bought a ps3 game called ridge racer 7 for the a fiver and while searching through the playstation network site i came across a free 3d update.
    Have downloaded it but not got round to giving it a go yet.
    Dont know how it plays yet but 3d gaming for a fiver
    cant be robbed for that price

Fradge, Oct 25, 2010
Ask a Question