Mitsubishi WD73840

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by Zigger21, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Zigger21

Zigger21 Member

I just purchased a Mitsubishi WD-73840 and It said that it has a built in IR 3D emitter. When I look for compatible glasses it says that I need the startup bundle that has an IR emitter in the bundle. What I need to know is what glasses do I need since the TV has a built in 3D IR emitter. I need four glasses for my family and I want to get these glasses at the most reasonable price possible. If there is anyone on here who can help find the right one I will appriciate it greatly. I hope to hear from you soon. Take Care. Jonathan

Zigger21, Oct 1, 2011
  2. Zigger21

WEBBER New Member

I just got the WD-73740 and looked all over for glasses for a good price. go to dimensional optics. i got 6 pair and they have kids size's to got all 6 for under 400$ and they are rechargible . the only thing is you need the IR Emitter for the glasses to work. if you do get them turn off your internal Emitter.Your glasses will flash green if you dont . the glasses work great and we are loving the 3d hope this helps.

WEBBER, Jan 2, 2012
  3. Zigger21

Zigger21 Member

I found Glasses

I found glasses that work with the internal emitter and I cant believe how amazing the 3D is for a home unit, its just like watching in the movie theater but better. I made a movie room in our house with movie seating and I got 4 glasses that are compatible with my WD73840 internal emitter. I got the 4 glasses for $200 and I dont have to mess with an external emitter. I just put in a 3d movie and it says please put on your 3d glasses when its ready for the 3d expeirience. I play 3D games on my Playstation 3. The glasses use a watch battery. It came with 16 batteries. We have watched at least 20 3d movies and the battery indicator still say's they are at 96% full. I think I bought the perfect glasses for what I need. Thanks for your help and take care. Jonathan.

Zigger21, Jan 3, 2012
  4. Zigger21

MGS New Member

I am interested in buy some of these. Where did you find these glasses?

MGS, Feb 5, 2012
  5. Zigger21

memphis10ec New Member

Zigger21 & or MGS..

I have a 73740 and am using a PS3 for gaming & 3D. Very interested in what product that Z is pleased with. Let me know, please!

memphis10ec, Feb 13, 2012
Ask a Question