Looking for info on a supposed 3d camera capable of providing data to cad/cam for 3d modeling

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by biginovero, Feb 26, 2016.

  1. biginovero

    biginovero New Member

    Feb 26, 2016
    Likes Received:
    Hallo Sirs,

    I was told by a friend that he saw on tv some unspecified students from a US university (Seattle?) who demonstrated a sort of 3d camera by means of which they were capable of feeding directly 3d shots into cad/cam software, so obtaining an immediate reconstruction of the object that had been photographed.

    Since I would need it for reconstructing museum artifacts I wondered what actual technology my friend would be referring to.

    Possibly on this forum there is somebody aware of this technology, which might also be not 3d (I checked computational photography but it seems not to have any connection with cad/cam).

    Ty in advance
    biginovero, Feb 26, 2016
  2. biginovero

    studio3D New Member

    Aug 11, 2009
    Likes Received:
    studio3D, Mar 10, 2016
    biginovero likes this.
  3. biginovero

    Alan New Member

    May 15, 2016
    Likes Received:
    Hi everyone!

    I am new here and I am just about ready to show how ignorant I am! (What the heck, huh?) And hello to all of you!

    Why couldn't three Hero cameras, mounted on a base, with the to be scanned object on something akin to a lazy Susan? But, have a motor turning the lazy Susan instead of turning it by hand.

    With the proper software, is there any reason this couldn't work? Like I said, I'm new here so perhaps this is idiotic to most. But, I'm here to learn and I will say stupid things in my learning process.

    So, I ask to be welcomed and please be gentle when you tear me a new orfice!

    Alan, May 15, 2016
Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.