LG47LE5400 3D Sky Issue

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by Sean13, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Sean13

Sean13 Member

hi
    I have an 47LE5400 LG and recently subscribed to Sky 3D. I have no 3D button on my remote as some of you guys do but I have read the manual which says I can receive both broadcasting and video 3D. All I keep getting is a split screen on Sky and cannot find Any function on my menus to change this. I have watched 3D blue ray via my blue ray player but am at a loss with this Sky issue....I have LG active glasses which are charged and on....please help?????!!!!!

Sean13, Sep 23, 2014
  2. Sean13

Bombelkie Active Member

Have you ever contacted LG? Its very strange that your remote doesn't have a 3D function. Have you tried going into the settings on your TV to see if there is a 3D function? Maybe also try sending the signal through the 3D blu-ray player.

Bombelkie, Oct 1, 2014
  3. Sean13

Sean13 Member

Thanks for reply....yep spoken to LG both in UK and emailed U.S as apparently its a U.S. model and both were very unhelpful. There is nothing I can find in my settings for 3D....have u overcome this problem and if so how? Is it something I'm not doing correctly. Would buying a new remote with 3D button work ?

Sean13, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Sean13

Sean13 Member

Also how do I send signal from my 3D blue ray player to sky????

Sean13, Oct 1, 2014
  5. Sean13

Bombelkie Active Member

You should see if you can purchase a remote from LG with the 3D button so you can adjust your 3D settings. Its very important because there are many different 3D formats like over under that you need to select to watch proper 3D. To watch Sky through your blu ray first, connect your cable from your cable box, not to the TV but to the blu ray player. Than go through your blu ray player and select input, than select your cable. see if that works.

I went online and searched for your 3D TV its. LG 47" LE5400. Thay have an online owners manual here is the link.
    LG 47LE5400 Owner's Manua

On page 89 it says that your remote should have the 3D button and shows instructions on how to view it in 3D. I would contact LG and explain to them that you have the wrong remote. I really hope this helps.

Bombelkie, Oct 2, 2014
  6. Sean13

Sean13 Member

I really appreciate all your help. So....you have the same tv? How are you getting sky 3D....and does my model (same as yours) have the 3D function if I obtained a remote with the 3D button. Sorry all these questions lol. LG have been no help at all so I guess I have to take a risk and buy a new remote and hope it works.

Sean13, Oct 2, 2014
  7. Sean13

Bombelkie Active Member

I don't have the same TV as you but I do have a passive 3D LG TV. 42LM3400. I also don't get Sky here in Canada, but I am trying to help. Without the 3D button you cant access the 3D options. I tried using just the settings on my TV but cant access the 3D options. Please let me know if the new remote helps. But make sure to take your TV model number when you go purchase the remote. Go to a specialty store that fixes and orders parts for TVs.

Bombelkie, Oct 2, 2014
  8. Sean13

Sean13 Member

Thanks, I will keep you posted once I have a new remote....once again you have been very helpful. :)

Sean13, Oct 2, 2014
  9. Sean13

Bombelkie Active Member

Glad I could help. If you have any more problems hopefully I can help. But I really hope that you wont, and you can enjoy your 3D TV. :):)

Bombelkie, Oct 2, 2014
Ask a Question