LG D2342P - Passive 3D monitor popout effect

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by Bruce, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Bruce

Bruce New Member

Hello Everybody [​IMG]

I am planning to purchase LG D2342P 3d monitor mainly for watching 3d BlueRay movies.
    Now, what's bothering me is that I have heard that passive monitor offers great depth but lacks theater like pop-out effects and also passive is inferior to active displays in case of pop-out effects. [​IMG] Actually I prefer pop-out effects over depth. So, it would be a great help to me if anyone can confirm this..

With Regards
    Bruce

Bruce, Aug 7, 2012
  2. Bruce

EagleUSAF New Member

It can pop-out too It's same in cinema,but yea active 3D pops out little more but don't have that much depth so I recommend you buying PASSIVE and take in count that passive is cheaper...

EagleUSAF, Aug 7, 2012
  3. Bruce

Badrudeen New Member

I practically tested this effect on LG cinema 3D tv model LM7600 from multibrand showroom as it was my concern & found absolutely no difference from active glass type other models. It is matter of content what you are watching.

For sure I am planning to buy any brand of 3d tv but only passive glass model for two reasons, reduce eye strain & enjoy 3d content with more people [any one can use 3d glass from theater].

On top of that many brands are going to adapt passive glass & without glass technology. Just google it ... very interesting.

Badrudeen, Aug 26, 2012
  4. Bruce

mike Well-Known Member

I use this monitor and find a good level of pop out with 3d stills,i have a Samsung active tv and find good pop out on it,depending on the item being shown,good 3D viewing though is about more than pop out.

mike

mike, Aug 27, 2012
Ask a Question