Is that it? Is 3-D gone for now?

Discussion in '3D Movies' started by Erik Schoolcraft, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Erik Schoolcraft

Erik Schoolcraft Member

Exaxctly as the title asks. I got kicked off another forum for announcing that the 3-d format had been abandandoned a few years ago in my local market and trolls threw a hissy fit. Since then I was given a passive 3-D television by the manufaturer and scraped to find a projector capable of 3-d projection in every format. Have collected almost 100 3-D blu-rays right now and am still finding them from overseas but here in the American market the format seems to be gone. The trolls screamed that I personally hate 3-D movies when in reallity I have the largest collection of 3-D films on DVD, BR, Film, and even Laserdisc.
    I have however noticed that some films prior to release locally were advertiesed in 3-D for their release but no longer are. Also the local cinema has stopped showing films in 3-D.
    My question is this, is it over for now?

Erik Schoolcraft, Jan 14, 2020
    1. Advertisements

2. Erik Schoolcraft

Nima New Member

3D isn't dead yet, it's just moved on from what it looked like 10 years ago.

Stereoscopic 3D is now experienced through VR & AR headsets, autostereoscopic devices, and lightfield displays. There were a variety of autostereoscopic and lightfield displays at CES this year. Check out Mopic for a simple and easy solution. Get a Valve Index for the highest-end 3D movie viewing experience in a VR headset, with high resolution and incredible comfort. Or take a look at Leia's lightfield devices like RED Hydrogen One. All of the above play 3D SBS content so all your legacy content works easily!

3D Blu-Ray does seem to be slowly dying though, but there are still a few releases on the way.

Nima, Apr 22, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question