Is it possible to bring 3D back?

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by Technition-Ted, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Technition-Ted

Technition-Ted Active Member

Hi everyone, I'd like to propose a loaded question to you all!

With the devise of Blu-ray in general and the overwhelming domination of streaming services killing any hope of a resurgence of the good old days of disk sales, bar a solar flare event that takes out the entire internet the future for 3d Blu-ray appears doomed.

I fell in love with the results of colour 3d when I saw 3D Captain E0 while visiting Disney way back in 1996 the pop out effect's were brilliant! I had to wait untill 2012 to have it at home.

So my question to you all is what can we do to stop this from happening or at least slow it down?

How about a suggestion. What if there was a few willing or paid blockbuster visual effect artists, could they convert and add 3d effects to new movies? Movies that would have had them if the format had continued. They could sign the edition of the film, it could be re authored with may be their choice of audio mix and as long as someone had already bought a copy of the film to get round the copyright theft aspect, then be sold as a special edition to people that wanted it.

I would pay!

If I had the time I'd do it myself!

I have looked at the possible technology needed and it is available for any budding visual effects person or novice to produce there own version of the film on blu-ray 3D

I just needs a lot of time, know-how and artiste.

I believe there is enough people left that could support such a thought.

What do you guys think?

Technition-Ted, Dec 12, 2022
    scoobe3d likes this.
Ask a Question