How to view 3D movies on LG Infinia 65LW6500

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by JadeComputerGal, Feb 28, 2012.

1. JadeComputerGal

JadeComputerGal New Member

I feel like an idiot even having to ask this, but I cannot figure out how to get this to work. I've tried both Bob's Big Break and Coraline, and I know it's probably something simple that I'm doing wrong.

Putting the 3D mode in side by side, which is where I assume I'm supposed to put it since you have to choose something, actually causes two side by side pictures. The only other choice is top and bottom since the last two choices aren't available.

We're playing the DVDs through a PS3 with the newest software and using new HDMI 1.4 cables. The components are connected through a Pioneer VSX-1121-K, though connecting directly to the TV doesn't make any difference. We tried that just because we had run out of other things to look at. We sit about 15 feet from the TV.

Thanks so much in advance for any suggestions.

JadeComputerGal, Feb 28, 2012
  2. JadeComputerGal

Ronart New Member

Hi Jade, Could it be that you are not selecting the 3D option during the introductory frames of the movie.
    Some 3D films give an option for 2D or 3D but default to 2D. On my LG set there is no need to use
    3D settings if 3D option is chosen. Best Wishes Ronart

Ronart, Mar 31, 2012
Ask a Question