How to see Field Sequential on new equipment

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by Erik Schoolcraft, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Erik Schoolcraft

Erik Schoolcraft Member

Saw a post on older FS DVD's that didn't work with modern equiptment so looked into it since my projector supports it but my television doesn't. Have a huge collection of FS DVD's and wondered myself why they didn't work on my projector which does support the format with active 3D glasses. Here is the answer, after speaking with someone from Infocus they told me that my projector and other equipment that still supports FS needs to have an input supporting the format. Either an older DVD player with RCA or SVHS outputs. The ouput of the playback device cannot excede 480i. The image has to be interlaced and only running at 60 hrz for the output device to be able to sync the image to the projector or television. Heavy flicker and really reduced image quality should be expected but tested the theory tonight and it works.

Erik Schoolcraft, Dec 1, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question