How to distort or find a photoshop action to fit a flat seamless image to a 6 sided sphere

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by evanz, Aug 31, 2019.

1. evanz

evanz New Member

Hi all

I've been searching for some time to find an answer to my issue, and getting nowhere

What I need to do is this

I play a game called Freelancer, a space trading game, with planets and bases etc etc

im trying to find a way to create/update planets textures

As you can see in this video,
    What I did is import a flat grid image onto a planet to check out how it works

And it came out looking weird, as you can see

With a little research I gathered that the way the game works it uses this kind of method/imaging to wrap textures/images around a planet

[​IMG]

What I need to know/find out/ or find is a simple (hopefully) script or PhotoShop action that can distort or “shape” a flat image to match the sections of the 6 sided sphere so it won’t look distorted in game, corners match, hopefully someone knows what I mean

Is there something, a way or a program/PhotoShop action?

evanz, Aug 31, 2019
Ask a Question