How much is it a 2D to 3D conversion?

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by Antonio, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Antonio

Antonio Member

I'm the owner of a small company oriented to 2D to 3D conversion. Soon I will create a web where everyone will be able to convert for free their videos into 3D. Resolution and file size will be a condition.

What I need for you it's an estimation of price when higher resol. and file sizes are involved. I'm talking about converting just home-made videos with a normal HD camera and around 30 minutes lenght.

Thank you all!

Antonio, Jan 15, 2011
  2. Antonio

Gleneagles Member

I would be very interested in your web service! I'm just guessing, but a no-frills conversion (using an automated conversion system) of someone's vacation video might be worth $50-60 for 1/2 hour. Is that too much or too little? I can send you a private message which explains how I arrived at that figure. Does the customer have a choice of output (interlaced, anaglyph or parallel)?
    Thanks!

Gleneagles, Jan 17, 2011
  3. Antonio

Antonio Member

Thank you for your help!. The system gives very good results, much better than other softwares in the market. When we work for professional studios we must correct a few things in the beginning of each scene.
    Yes. The user can choose output format: interlaced (multiview also allowed), anaglyph an parallel.
    Please send me a private message telling me aobut your calculations.

Antonio, Jan 17, 2011
  4. Antonio

Gleneagles Member

Antonio, I was having some problems in reply to you the other night. I'll try again, but here is my e-mail address so that we might be in touch:

[email protected]

Gleneagles, Jan 20, 2011
Ask a Question