How can I get 3D on my TV? Is it possible?

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by petermg, Sep 10, 2011.

1. petermg

petermg New Member

Hi, I have a Samsung DLP TV, model HLS6187WX/XAA, it is not a "3D Ready TV". Is it possible with some emitter and a 3D BluRay player? I'm very new to all this. Thank you!

petermg, Sep 10, 2011
  2. petermg

dlads New Member

Without a 3d tv then no i don't think you will be able to unless you view it using the red blue glasses, unless there is some sort of tech out there which enables it? I'm not aware, but to my knowledge i don't think there is.

dlads, Sep 11, 2011
  3. petermg

Antonio Member

My opinion

Well, it is sad but, I can't guess the future but, to the best of my knowlege, I think it will take longer than expected that everyone have a 3DTV set at home... I know there are some TV broadcasting companies which are planning to beging emitting 3D contents using anaglyph techniques... Red/ cian with a bad reputation becouse of the bad rendering of skin colors... so green/ magenta or yellow/ dark blue will be used.... (But imagine a nice country land with a lot of green color in it... or using yellow/blue glasses on a dark room to get good results) So, of course a active glasses/ polarized glasses 3DTV system it's much better, but with the cheap anaglyph system EVERYONE will enjoy the 3D experience.... Broadcasting companies need people watching TV to earn money.... What will they do?

Antonio, Oct 7, 2011
  4. petermg

bluewolf New Member

having trouble

i am having trouble playing 3d discs on my system and need someone to give advice.
    i have an LG 3d tv which is coupled with a sky hd 3d box and the 3d is stunning. Playback is via a sony hbo e370 av system which is sony 3d world, i have a ps3 which is software updated to version 3.72 so in theory is 3d capable. I try to play pirates of the carribean 3d disk (the only one i bought to test lol) and i get the same error message on both systems which is the this system has recognised that your player or display does not support playback of this disc. I have upgraded both hdmi cables to gold high speed so this shouldnt be a problem. Any one any ideas?

bluewolf, Oct 8, 2011
Ask a Question