Hi Ian!

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by Technition-Ted, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Technition-Ted

Technition-Ted Active Member

Hi Ian. I think there is a lot of people out here that still want 3d in whatever form it takes. They just need waking up. They have all been told the format is dead by studios, tv manufacturers and streaming services because it is all more costly than straightforward, just for the masses mediaoka garbage that is all they want to put out.

I know I want more 3D, better sound (omg have you seen Dolby's Atmos mixer) and better resolution and colours. This is all an energy to the streaming service as they need better codecs, more bandwidth faster internet, all of this is taped out at the moment the internet is creaking here in the UK.

I'm prepared to pay my part for the kit and the media

Who knows New Avitar may be a new 3D awakening or they may just put it out in 2d
    To prevent a 3d resurgence.

I've found you and I'm listening

Technition-Ted, Dec 12, 2022
    Ian likes this.
  2. Technition-Ted

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Totally agree that's there's a place for 3D - I'm hoping that VR headsets renew the interest a bit, as there is a lot more content being produced that will work on both.

Ian, Dec 14, 2022
  3. Technition-Ted

I know there's not many people left on the 3D forums these days but I'll ask did any one get any new 3D films for Christmas?
    I managed to get hold of Dr strange in the multiverse and the latest Jurassic park (my misses is very understanding and this besides a box of chocks was my Christmas present) both had to come from Japan and cost way too much.
    I've watched Jurassic park but found again opportunities were missed to make this a great 3D filmi know it was converted from 2D to 3D and it shows no effort was put into the conversation (my view)
    There was lots of depth but no pop out bits. There was two great opertunitys one with a stun stick and another where the tyrannosaurus rex's head was in full screen with its mouth open. To be honest I think if I'd run the film through DVD Fabs 3D converter I'd have got a similar result. I hope Dr Strange is better.

On another note how many people wanted to watch some of the old classics this year like Scroodged or Christmas vacation only to find Netflix and Disney charging £3.45 rental on top of the subscription. Bet a few had wished they haven't boxed up there dvd collections and sold the disks for 10p each to music magpie.

Anyway if anyone is out there what did you get? Was it any good? And did you bugger up like me and order two disks from outside the UK only to find no English soundtrack Arrr!
    So if anyone's got a true 3D small foot or Ratchet and Crank they want to sell let me know or I'll have to re author the ones I have any good 3D to 3D editors out there?

Happy new year hope you got to see some 3D

Technition-Ted, Jan 2, 2023
  4. Technition-Ted

Toast Member

I've got a saved search on Ebay that I browse 3D movies. Picked up Bolt in 3D for the kiddos this Christmas. (maybe it was a little for me as well) ;-)

Toast, Jan 13, 2023
  5. Technition-Ted

How are you finding buying 3D disks? I've found a lot with massive discounts on eBay and in second hand shops before Christmas but I've just looked on eBay today and the prices have started to creep up. I wonder if Avatar has started a small resurgence.
    I kinda hope it has as however you look at 3D it's a great format even if the film Coming at ya! Really hurts your eyes lol

Technition-Ted, Jan 14, 2023
Ask a Question