Help on 3D in Sony KDL 32 EX720

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by guravneet, Jun 18, 2012.

1. guravneet

guravneet New Member

Hi, I recently bought a Sony KDL-32-EX720. I have a few questions in my mind regarding the 3D options: 1. I have downloaded some 3D movies which are in SBS (Side by Side) format. Will I be able to play the movies through USB (using hard disk or pen drives) 2. If I connect my laptop through HDMI cable and play the SBS 3D movie, whether I will be getting the 3D effect? As of now what is happening is, when I am connecting my Pen-Drive with the TV, i am able to see the side by side images but not 3D. Also, in the TV I am not getting the option to enable the side by side viewing. Can anyone please help me out?

guravneet, Jun 18, 2012
  2. guravneet

Sony Support USA Member

Hello guravneet, I had our technical team try this and we were able to play SBS 3D content via a USB Thumb drive. Likewise with a computer connected to a 3D TV, we were also able to use the software that plays 3D content and push it to the TV via HDMI. Perhaps the format is an issue here. We tested with our 3D Bloggie and it was in MP4. I would recommend for the best results to try AVCHD or MP4. Thanks, Scott Fuentes

Sony Support USA, Jun 20, 2012
    guravneet likes this.
  3. guravneet

guravneet New Member

Thank you for the response Scott...
    In follow up to what you have tested, can you please let me know the steps you followed for the thumb drive? As, I also tried playing a MP4 file through USB, however, I didn't get any 3D effect. I was able to see the movie in SBS format and the option for enabling the SBS 3D on the TV wasn't coming.
    Is there anything which I should ensure before connecting the USB?

Also, it will be great, if you can please let me know the name of the software which can be used to play 3D content?

Thank You...

guravneet, Jun 21, 2012
  4. guravneet

Sony Support USA Member

Hello guravneet, I would recommend that you contact our support for some troubleshooting. If you are located in the U.S. please call our Priority Service @ 239-768-7547
    Hours:
    • Mon-Fri 8:00am-12:00am (Midnight) ET
    • Sat-Sun 9:00am-8:00pm ET
    Not in the U.S.? Please contact Sony in your country/region. You may find their contact information @http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/SupportAll/.

Best Regards, Scott Fuentes

Sony Support USA, Jun 21, 2012
  5. guravneet

guravneet New Member

Scott, I am based of India... and if you can guide me, i can troubleshoot the things myself...

guravneet, Jun 21, 2012
  6. guravneet

Sony Support USA Member

guravneet, I apologize I am unable to provide this level of support via this format.
    Also I work for Sony Support USA. We kindly ask that you visit the Sony Page for India @ http://www.sony.co.in/support for further support. Best Regards, Scott =~)

Sony Support USA, Jun 21, 2012
Ask a Question